Due to the recent government announcement regarding Covid-19, we have taken the difficult decision to close Sudeley Castle and Gardens until further notice.
Upcoming day visitor events have been cancelled and we have listed updates for other events below. We will update this page with further information as more announcements are made by the government.
Anyone with pre-booked admission tickets will be able to automatically transfer their tickets to another date this season, once we have re-opened. Once open, customers with pre-booked tickets should show their order confirmation to our Visitor Centre team who will grant admission. No further action is required. As per our online booking terms and conditions, we are unable to offer any refunds but are allowing dates to be transferred. We have suspended all online purchases until we know a re-opening date.
Sudeley Castle events:
- Mother’s Day – anyone with a pre-booked afternoon tea will be automatically refunded
- Easter/The Great Little Chick Hunt is cancelled. Any tickets purchased for this event will be valid for another open date this year
- May Half Term/Circus School – activities are cancelled
- Festival of Tudor Life – full cancellation
- Outdoor Theatre with The Lord Chamberlain’s Men – full cancellation
- Knight School - full cancellation
Externally organised events:
For events on the Estate, but not organised or managed by the Castle, please contact the organisers directly for an update:
- Spring Homes and Garden Fair - http://www.ukgrandsales.co.uk/
- Giffords Circus - https://www.giffordscircus.com/
- Dignation - https://digventures.com/
- Fantasy Forest Festival - http://fantasyforest.co.uk/
- Outdoor cinema - https://www.thelostcinema.co.uk/
- Great British Food Festival - https://greatbritishfoodfestival.com/
- Muddy Dog Trek Challenge - https://www.battersea.org.uk/muddydogtrek
- Tough Runner Duathlon - https://toughrunneruk.com
Any group with a booking during our closure period will be contacted by a member of the team to reschedule your visit.
Weddings and Private Hire:
All wedding couples and those with Private Venue Hire bookings, will continue to have communication with Sarah via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow her enough response time to communicate with each couple and suppliers during this period.
All cottage bookings should be directed to our booking agent Bolthole Retreats - https://boltholeretreats.co.uk/
Sudeley Castle Members:
We will automatically add an extension to all membership affected during this time, to match our closure period.
Playground and gardens access:
We are unable to allow any access to the Adventure Playground, or gardens during this closure period. Although we would of course like to open during these times for all to enjoy it is not possible for a number of reasons, including not having the staff on site which would be required. We are following the government’s advice and guidelines of avoiding social gathering and the playground is not sanitised and therefore not a safe environment.
We urge you all to keep safe, and up to date with the latest Government updates and advice here https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response