We have two eating areas in the grounds of the castle, and each day we serve a range of hot and cold food, all made fresh on site.
A cheerful disposition and the confidence to approach people, offer assistance and enthusiastically share knowledge are essential.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- To have a flexible attitude to your work and be happy to work in a retail environment and assisting in basic catering duties
- To help open the catering areas promptly and set up for the day
- Present Sudeley Castle's offer in a clear, informative and enthusiastic manner
- Assist customers with menu choices and options, including allergy information and ensure suitable stock levels and housekeeping at all times
- Competent use of our till system and responsible cash handling
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of equal opportunities and diversity, showing respect, consideration and sensitivity to people’s needs in all contact with customers, colleagues, other agencies and stakeholders.
- Basic stock management – accepting deliveries, processing stock and securely storing in Stockroom.
Full training will be given.
- Good standard of education to GCSE or equivalent level
- Customer Service and cash handling experience, in either Retail, Catering or both
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to providing a high degree of customer service to the public and creating a positive image of Sudeley
- Confident, outgoing, friendly and approachable
- Ability to engage visitors in conversation
- Passionate about history and keen to learn
- Smart, professional appearance
- Flexibility with shifts (holiday/sickness cover etc.)
- Excellent standard of time keeping
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Knowledge and interest of Sudeley Castle and its history is beneficial but not essential
Hours, renumeration and other benefits:
- Exceeds national minimum wage
- Flexible hours across 7 days a week, must be available weekends and all school holidays
- Discount on food in both catering outlets whilst working and discount in the Visitor Centre shop during open season
- You will accrue holiday on a monthly basis based on hours worked and be paid for any that you do not take
Application and Selection Procedure
Please apply by emailing your CV together with a covering letter to Greg Knight, Catering Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role as we are looking for people to join us throughout the season.