Sudeley Castle & Gardens are looking for an experienced Chef to work in their Castle Kitchen alongside the head chef and catering team. The Castle Kitchen is located in the Banqueting Hall of the Castle, and serves the day visitors who visit us from all over the world. We also have a wide variety of events throughout the season and this means our numbers increase but our standards of presentation, speed of service and quality has to remain the same.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, hardworking and have experience of working in busy kitchen environments. Excellent teamwork, organisation, initiative and flexibility are essential skills that will be required every day during our busy preparation and service periods.
A Level 2 certificate in food handling would be an advantage however, evidence of suitable experience and work practices in lieu of certification will be considered.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head Chef, must be flexible and adaptable in your work ethic and would be required to provide additional cover when needed e.g. on key event days.
Purpose of the Job
- To prepare food to the highest standard of quality and presentation as outlined by our recipes and menus here at Sudeley Castle.
- To ensure and maintain a consistent product for visitors, by producing freshly made dishes, using our fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
- To work with the Head Chef and Front of House Manager on aspects of planning and delivery of special events.
- Operate as part of the Catering and wider site team to provide a consistently excellent catering service and customer experience in all of the catering outlets at Sudeley Castle.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- To ensure the high standards of cleanliness for the kitchen, dry stores and preparation areas, including assisting with the completion of cleaning schedules, standards checks and compliance.
- Possess a sound knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements – specifically the Food Hygiene Regulations and Licensing Act 2003, COSHH and Allergen Awareness.
- To be available 3 weekends out of 4 and be available for cover or extended hours if needed.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of equal opportunities and diversity, showing respect, consideration and sensitivity to people’s needs in all contact with customers, colleagues, other agencies and stakeholders.
- Maintain good working relationships with the wider property team and understanding of activities taking place elsewhere at the Sudeley Castle.
- Commitment to providing a high degree of customer service to the public and creating a positive image of Sudeley Castle.
- Full training will be given once you start and then as and when needed throughout the season.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident, outgoing, friendly and approachable.
- Smart, professional appearance and a strict adherence to our uniform policy.
- Flexibility with shifts (holiday/sickness cover etc.)
- Excellent standard of time keeping.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Willing to adapt, learn new skills and take a positive and proactive approach in responding to customer feedback.
Hours, remuneration and other benefits
- Negotiable Salary
- Flexible hours across 7 days a week, must be available weekends and all school holidays
- General hours 9:00am-16:30pm, with flexibility to work evenings
- 50% discount on cooked food in both Cafés whilst working and 20% in the Visitor Centre shop during open season
Application and Selection Procedure
Please apply by sending your CV together with a covering letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Greg Knight, Food & Beverage Manager,
Sudeley Castle & Gardens,