The lady and owner of Sudeley Castle is looking for a dynamic housekeeper, aid, and cook. The position involves important responsibilities such as the attention to her daily health regime and the housekeeping management of the private rooms in the house. It is a valued role, and we are looking for someone who will enjoy the work and is ready to commit to the position. The chosen person will work in coordination with the house manager to run the household, and be part of a permanent team of three.
- Full-time and permanent position, 40 hours per week.
- Daily housekeeping. Keep the house spotless and clean every day with the help of the other housekeeper. Cleaning and preparing the bedrooms for guests in the highest standards.
- Laundry and Ironing.
- Light and healthy cooking for the owner and occasionally for her family and guests. The household hire a chef for bigger events.
- Shopping can be involved (food, health and beauty, etc.).
- Assist with health, doctors’ appointments, etc. Responsible in managing medicines and supplements (orders, pill dispenser, etc.).
- Help the principal to pack and unpack when she travels.
- 2 days off per week. Work most weekends, although one weekend off per month will be agreed depending on the diary. Evening work and additional hours may be occasionally required.
- 28 days holidays per year. Holidays preferably taken when the principal is away.
- Work sometimes on Christmas, Boxing Day, and other bank holidays.
- Must be a dog lover. Dog sitting may occasionally be involved.
- Caring and genuine.
- Flexible and hardworking.
- Attention to detail.
- Organised and independent in his/her everyday duties.
- Happy to work on his/her own as well as with a team.
- Good cook. Experience in healthy cooking is desirable.
- Experience in the household business or hospitality field is preferred, but training can be provided.
- Good English.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
- Full clean driving license is required.
- Medical knowledge or background is a big plus.
- Regular IT skills is a plus.
- Live-out or live-in options available.
Please email a CV and covering letter to Charles Pasquier on firstname.lastname@example.org