Live-in Housekeeper and Maintenance & Security couple sought after. The candidate(s) must have previous experience in a similar role. The job is varied including general housekeeping, cleaning, laundry and helping at the occasional dinner party. The ideal couple needs to be reliable, flexible, experienced and self-motivated. Clean driving licences are essential. Accommodation is on-site separate from the main house, all utilities and WiFi included. This opportunity would suit a versatile, experienced couple seeking long-term employment offering variety and security on a historic estate which is open to the public and home to the private family owners. The couple must be at ease with those roles traditionally associated with running a large house and grounds and taking care of the principals’ domestic requirements, including meals, when they are residents.
Salary is dependent upon experience. References and DBS checks will be required.
Outline Responsibilities: Maintenance & Security
- Working with the Estate Manager, Head Groundsman, and Head of Security you would be working on all aspects of security, maintenance and grounds keeping.
- Work on all aspects of security of the estate, the castle and events held on the estate or at the castle. This will require you to become familiar with the estate security alarm system and obtain the relevant licences for people management at events. Ideally you should already hold a personal licence or have the relevant background to acquire one.
- Being available to work evenings and weekends on events held at the castle. Flexible working hours and working days.
- Ensuring that you are able to be notified of alarms and knowing the procedures to be followed in the event that they are activated.
- Work on all aspects of maintenance and groundworks of the estate, the castle and buildings
- Experience of a wide range of buildings maintenance work is essential for example plumbing, electricity, woodwork, painting and decorating.
- Experience of a wide range of groundworks activities and equipment is essential including use of chainsaws, strimmer, ride on mower, tractor with the relevant licences/certificates
- Feeding the estate’s pheasants in the rare breed pheasantry on a daily basis and cleaning the cages as required. Willingness to develop experience in caring for the pheasants and pheasantry under guidance and mentoring from the Pheasant Keeper.
- Liaise with other departments with regard to work required in areas visited by the public. And to perform other tasks which are commensurate with your job title.
- General basic understanding of email and IT.
- Possession of a full driving licence
Outline Responsibilities: House-Keeping
- Full time, live-in housekeeping role for a large private home and parts of the wider estate.
- The successful candidate would take on the day-to-day housekeeping, management of the house as well as occasional cooking for the principals.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is essential along with the ability to have initiative and sometimes work alone, you will also need to be able to drive.
- The job is varied including general housekeeping, cleaning, laundry and helping at the occasional dinner party.
- Animal friendly for example willing to look after family pets when the family are on holiday.
- Up to date DBS, recent references and possession of a full driving licence required.
To apply, please contact Martin McWilliam on email@example.com