Sudeley Castle & Gardens are looking to appoint an experienced Marketing Executive to increase our profile and drive visitor footfall. You will be responsible for developing and delivering our annual marketing plan, promoting Sudeley Castle as a leading tourist attraction in the Cotswolds, and as a venue for a range of events and activities. Sudeley operates primarily as a historic attraction with 90,000 visitors annually. It is also an established venue for a diverse range of public events, festivals, open-air cinema, theatre, light shows and themed events which attract another 60,000 visitors each year. Working closely with the General Manager, other Sudeley staff and 3rd party agencies, utilising the whole marketing mix to drive footfall, increase profile, and to achieve business objectives. You should have significant marketing experience in a relevant role.
Digital and brand:
- Act as a brand guardian across the organisation, ensuring consistency in brand messaging in all activities.
- Content management of Sudeley website: ensuring content is on brand, relevant, engaging and utilises SEO techniques.
- Manage social media channels: scheduling engaging and exciting content, including paid-for campaigns to expand our reach.
- Create templates and copy for engaging e-newsletters and manage email marketing campaigns, ensuring impact is trackable.
- Monitor, analyse and provide regular reports on website, social media & e-marketing performance, utilising Google analytics and other user engagement metrics.
- Plan and manage website development with our 3rd party agency when needed.
Partnerships and agencies:
- Develop and manage a network of influencers to visit and promote Sudeley.
- Work with 3rd party agencies to manage PR, PPC, SEO and design campaigns.
- Utilise third-party websites to promote Sudeley and its activities, including tourist boards, what’s on sites and blogs
- Manage the production and distribution of marketing and advertising materials including leaflets, road banners and other signage (working with 3rd party agencies).
- Create content for and manage Sudeley Castle’s onsite promotional spaces.
- Support Sudeley’s Event Managers and Visitor Experience Manager in promoting a strong events programme for Sudeley Castle.
- Manage filming enquiries to Sudeley Castle.
- Work with and organise external photographers and videographers for professional imagery and video content.
- Photograph & film events and activities for PR & social media.
- Manage Sudeley’s photo library, ensuring suitable images are used for marketing & PR.
- Track expenditure ensuring spend is kept on target, working with the General Manager.
- Ensure customer data lists are GDPR compliant.
Required experience, skills and qualities:
- 3 years’ experience in a similar marketing role.
- To be genuine, approachable and attentive with a high level of professional presentation and a friendly and welcoming personality.
- Experience of using web content management systems.
- Experience of writing marketing content for different channels.
- Experience of social media use in a professional context.
- Experience of managing or working with 3rd party agencies.
- Previous experience in a visitor attraction would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail and relationship management.
- Capable of prioritising your own workload, self-motivated and proactive.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues and partners with excellent communication skills.
- Vehicle access is recommended due to our location.
Please apply by Sunday 17 July, by emailing your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of Visitor Experience, Sudeley Castle LLP