We are looking for volunteers to work with our Visitor Centre team in the delivery of a high quality and visitor focussed welcome at our iconic heritage attraction in the beautiful Cotswolds. You will have exceptional communication skills to provide our visitors with a warm and informative welcome to the Castle where we strive to exceed our visitors’ expectations.
What’s involved in the role?
- Greeting all visitors upon their arrival at the Visitor Centre – first impressions are everything and you will be the face of Sudeley! A warm welcome, a smile and good communication skills are essential.
- Recognising different visitor types and establishing what information they may require that would make the most of their visit to Sudeley Castle.
- Answering any general enquiries and directing to the Visitor Centre team for support as and when needed.
- Offering visitors a site map and pointing out useful information relevant to the visitor type.
- Informing visitors about our Guidebook which would support their visit with an overview of Sudeley’s 1000-year history.
- Supporting the Visitor Centre team with group entries through directional information and meet and greet as and when needed.
What’s in it for you?
- Joining a friendly and welcoming team
- Meeting visitors from all over the world
- Gaining new skills and knowledge
- Invitations to social occasions and making friends
- Full training and on-going support
- Travel expenses (up to £5 per day, claimed monthly)
- Discount in our gift shop and on our in-house catering offer.
We’d like people to join us who are
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable and likes meeting new people
- A team player but also confident to work on own initiative
- Articulate and visitor attentive
- Able to follow security procedures and the castle’s Health and Safety policy to ensure the safeguarding of the castle rooms, exhibits and visitors
- Punctual and reliable to ensure a good experience for all involved
- Open season March-November
- We ask that all volunteers offer a minimum of one day per week to ensure consistency and to enable you to develop and feel part of the team. We can be flexible to suit your requirements as requested, including half days and as-and-when opportunities, and you’re welcome to attend more days each week if you would like to
- We may ask you to consider an alternative day if we have many volunteers on a particular day of the week
This role is purely voluntary, and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract.
To be considered for the team:
Please apply by posting or emailing your CV together with a covering letter to Kim Gibbon, Head of Visitor Experience, Sudeley Castle & Gardens, Winchcombe, GL54 5JD or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org