Join in with festivities, as Sudeley celebrates World Elephant Day on Friday 12 August
During the pandemic Sudeley became a safe refuge for a herd of magnificent life-sized elephants. Created by Elephant Family, a conservation charity founded by Mark Shand, nephew to the late Lord Ashcombe and brother of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, the elephants were part of a 100 strong herd who were embarking on a global migration to raise fund and awareness for human-wildlife CoExistence projects.
This year guests to Sudeley are invited to celebrate the world’s largest living land mammal with the family, Elizabeth Hurley, and take part in a flower offering / Puja moment.
On the Day: 2-3pm
- Take part in an elephant puja led by Elizabeth, Lady Ashcombe and family.
The Puja will be led by family friend and elephant ambassador: Elizabeth Hurley
Meet the family who live at Sudeley and hear the story of the elephant connection that exists with Sudeley. Take part in a Puja moment on the Mulberry Lawn
From 12th – 19th August
- Take your ‘elfie’ with the herd & mark your #WorldElephantDay at #SudeleyCastle
Every member of the elephant herd will be decorated with beautiful floral garlands
- Take part in the Sudeley elephant quiz!
Learn about elephants as you walk the trail
- Trunk Show: buy a vintage designer treasure from Lady Ashcombe’s special collection
All profits fund CoExistence at Sudeley to plant pollinators as part of nature-friendly CoExistence efforts on the grounds.
- Win a cuddly elephant family online
Look out for Sudeley’s Instagram competition to win!
- Come home with a cuddly elephant!
The Sudeley gift shop will be fully stocked with adorable cuddly elephants. A percentage of each sale is goes to conservation charity Elephant Family.