Unfortunately it is not possible for any filming or photography to take place for the rest of 2020.
Sudeley Castle & Gardens welcomes all kinds of filming and professional photography, from feature films and magazine photoshoots to smaller guest features and local publications.
Our beautiful gardens and the characterful castle rooms provide a magnificent backdrop and we have facilities on site including ample free parking and cottages to rent.
While everything is done to assist film crews and photographers, the safety and enjoyment of visitors is a priority during opening times where crews are required to work around the public.
We are always happy to accommodate recces and advise on the iconic locations and settings to suit your brief. For all filming and photography, our team should be contacted to arrange your visit. Our team reserve the right to turn anyone away who turns up to film/photograph unannounced.
Location fees vary depending on the size and timescale of filming, and the PR value for the Castle. Each enquiry is considered on an individual basis to cater for the needs of your project.
Please email email@example.com stating your company name and contact details, date/s required and a brief outline of the project for further details and a quote.
Engagement and Wedding photoshoots
All couples who hold their wedding ceremony or reception at Sudeley Castle are most welcome to use the Castle and Gardens for their photographs.
We also welcome couples who wish to use our beautiful gardens as a backdrop for their engagement or wedding photographs, who haven't held their ceremony or reception at the castle. The following terms apply:
- All photo shoots have to be booked a minimum of six weeks in advance. Blackout dates may apply for existing weddings and event days
- Photography will be permitted throughout the gardens and grounds (8am-5pm only) but not inside the Castle
The following fees will apply:
- A fee of £500+ VAT for the use of the Gardens for photographs which includes entry for the couple and photographer
- Normal entrance fees applies for additional members involved in the photoshoot (including hair, makeup and assistants etc.)
- Further fees will be charged if the Castle rooms are requested for photographs (castle rooms only available between 9am and 10am)
- A discount may be available if Sudeley is granted access and rights to use imagery taken
- Facility fee is non-transferable unless the weather deems any photography impossible. Payment is required in advance by cheque, credit card or credit transfer
- Our Visitor Centre team hold the rights to turn anyone away who turn up for an unscheduled photoshoot. Our security team hold the rights to disrupt any photoshoot taking place in our grounds without the Castle’s permission.
Please email our Events Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01242 602308 for further details and a quote.
The use of UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) or drones is not permitted on or over Sudeley Castle & Gardens without prior approval.
To gain permission to use a drone at Sudeley Castle, operators must hold the following:
- A current and valid CAA ‘Permission for Aerial Work’ (PFAW);
- Evidence of valid insurance cover;
- A risk assessment for the proposed flight;
- A method statement outlining what equipment will be used and a flight plan outlining where flying is proposed.
Please email our Events Manager email@example.com or call 01242 602308 for further details and a quote.