Every Tuesday and Thursday throughout October, visitors can explore the Castle Rooms, currently closed to the public, with an expert guide.
Visitors are invited to tour through the Castle’s private rooms to see wonderful antiques and art amongst family photos and trinkets within their genuine setting. From the library containing over 1,000 rare and first edition books, a portrait of Rubens by Anthony van Dyck and a 16th century Sheldon tapestry, to the Morning Room featuring A View of Stourhead by Turner, this is a glimpse into the private home of the Dent-Brocklehurst family who have dedicated 200 years to the restoration and conservation of Sudeley. This tour takes visitors through The Chandos Bedroom displaying a bed rumoured to have been slept in by Charles I and will draw attention to the highly important 16th century “An Allegory of the Tudor Succession” painting by Lucas de Heere, commissioned by Elizabeth I.
With just four visitors per tour, this is a unique and personal opportunity to delve into Sudeley’s history with an expert guide, exploring rooms currently closed to the public.
Visitors are required to wear face coverings, unless exempt and social distancing and cleaning measures are in place to adhere to Government guidelines.
- Tours are available every Tuesday and Thursday during October at the following times: 11:15, 12:15, 14:00 and 15:00
- Tours will be 45 minutes in length. Visitors should arrive at the designated meeting point promptly for the tour start time
- The guided tour explores the Castle Rooms currently closed to the public; the Library, Morning Room, Chandos Bedroom and Major’s Dressing Room
- Tickets cost £22 per person and include standard admission to the castle
- We recommend allowing ample time to explore the exhibitions, church and gardens which are not areas covered in the tour. Visitors are welcome to stay at the castle until closing at 5pm but please note that the exhibitions close at 4pm
- Tickets for tours must be booked online, at least 24 hours in advance
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Only four visitors permitted per tour
- Access information: Please note that this tour takes visitors to upper floors of the castle which are unsuitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues.
- As these are private family rooms, photos are not permitted on this tour.