Sudeley Castle has been home to some of England’s most famous kings and queens. The beauty and history of this fairy-tale location have led to it being known as the most romantic castle in England.
As the nation celebrates the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle this month, our wedding planner, Astrid Martin, shares tips for anyone who is planning their big day:
1. Set your budget from the start. It is so easy to get carried away, but start a spreadsheet and stick to your budget!
2. Choose a date that works for you and your key guests and check it for significant dates, such as major sporting events or significant occasions – such as Royal weddings! Many venues will be pleased to discuss discounts if you are prepared to look at autumn, winter or spring dates.
3. The venue fees will be one of the major costs to consider – a destination wedding may be your dream but not everyone will be able to make it, so discuss this with the important people in your life and choose the type of location that best fits.
4. Make your wedding unique to you. The best weddings are not package weddings, they are the ones where the guests can see you as a couple shining through. That doesn’t mean slaving away handcrafting favours , but perhaps your favourite colours represented in the flowers, your choice of music, your favourite food. Your suppliers will love to work with you to make it special for you.
5. When looking for your dream venue, take a list of questions with you. This will help you when you are trying to compare venues, but trust your instincts and make sure that you love not just the venue but the wedding team who will be looking after you.
6. Relax and smile – there is nothing as beautiful as a relaxed and happy bride, the same goes for anyone who is playing a crucial supporting role, such as the mother of the bride.
7. Remember, it is your wedding in the end. So, consider everyone else and then do what’s right for you both – this will be the happiest day of your lives and your gift to each other.
For more information about weddings at Sudeley Castle, contact email@example.com